Thursday, August 17, 2017

"That was the summer [I] went to Kellerman's..."

I will give you fair warning if you ever decide to venture up to Mountain Lake Lodge that you will be forced to drive some of the windiest roads EVER at a minimum of 55 mph with the locals on your tail, and it is SCARY... but it is SO worth it!!!  I fully intend to spend all day tomorrow with my Dirty Dancing map checking out where the various scenes were filmed; so this is just a preview.


I was all prepared to mentally recite the first few lines from Dirty Dancing as I drove up to the hotel... But wouldn't you know it?!?!?  Of course, Google Maps sent me in from the back... hahaha! So I had to walk down the road after I arrived to get this photo.


Then it was just a short turn down a path to snap this photo of Baby's cabin.


Then it was another short trek down a path to check out the Gazebo.


But of course, the COOLEST thing EVER was what happened at check-in.  So I knew that it was possible to stay in Patrick Swayze's room (Room 232; here's a link to an article if you want verification of such: http://www.fast-rewind.com/locations_ddance.htm ), but never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would actually be assigned that room.  However, the front desk agent handed over my key and advised that I would indeed be in Patrick Swayze's room.  I was rendered speechless!!! The funniest thing is that they also advise you that the numbers -- 232 -- are taped to the door because the number plaque has been stolen so many times... hahaha!!!... but I did snap a photo of my room charge vouchers to show that I'm actually in 232.



Finally, since a few of you have requested it, here is my obligatory selfie, looking all smug, because I'll be sharing my bed with (the ghost of) Patrick Swayze for the next two (2) nights...  And yes, my phone does have a cassette tape case... deal with it!!  :)



It's officially time for me to start winding down... I've got a full day ahead of me tomorrow, and I'm an hour ahead of all of you!! Good night!!

xoxo,
Stacy




No comments:

Post a Comment