Friday, August 18, 2017

"I carried a watermelon..."

Okay, so I didn't really carry a watermelon, but I did enjoy some watermelon for breakfast... Does that count??  Then immediately after breakfast, I started out on my self-guided tour with my handy-dandy little map.


Stop #1 - The front entry where the guests arrived...




Stop #2 - Chain with ballards that were installed for the film and still remain today...



Stops #3 & 4 - Harvest dining room (okay, so this was actually stop #1 for me if you want to be technical) where all of the dining scenes were filmed.  I ate my breakfast out on the porch where Baby and her family had brunch and where Dr. Houseman announced that they were leaving early...




Stop #5 - Staff quarters sign where Baby encounters Johnny's cousin and carries the watermelon.  The scenes past that point were then filmed at the location in Lake Lure, NC...



Stop #6 - Lift scenes in the water... well when there was water.  The lake is not currently there.  It's a geological phenomenon that the lake disappears periodically only to return later.  It's so bizarre that you can hear the water below the surface if you actually take the time to hike out a little past the boat dock.  Also, many people try to argue that the water lifts were done at Lake Lure, but I'll let you be the judge of that...





Stop #7 - The Gazebo... They were setting up for a wedding, so I didn't get a chance to snap another photo of the Gazebo.  I'll  include yesterday's photo again...



Stop #8 - Baby's cabin, called The Virginia Cottage... I also didn't get another photo of this one because there were people standing all around it.  Jennifer Grey actually stayed here during the filming of the movie, and it is available to book...



Stop #9 - Lawn area where the outdoor events took place and where Baby and Lisa tried on wigs...




Stop #10 - The archway that Johnny and Baby drove through as she declared: "You're wild!"...



Stop #11 - The first shot of Kellerman's... Some nimrod apparently stole the movie sign, but here are some different shots than the one I posted yesterday...  (Oooops!  I stand corrected.  I took one final stroll around the grounds, and it appears that the sign for stop #11 has been relocated...)





I'll be back with more later...

xoxo,
Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment