Thursday, August 17, 2017

Grand Ole Opry House

So before I left Nashville this morning, I drove over to the Grand Ole Opry House to take my backstage tour...



In true Stacy-style, I arrived an hour early, but it gave me plenty of time to check out the grounds; here are some fun outdoor photos.






We started the tour with a video. Then they took us back to the studio where  Hee Haw was filmed; it looks nothing like the set at all, so I won't bore you with those pics.  However, here's a photo of one of Minnie Pearl's dresses.




After that, we saw the wall of members.  Of course, I got a photo of Patsy Cline's plaque.  However, I also snapped quite a few more like Lefty Frizzell (I went to high school with his grandson, Isaiah Frizzell), Ray Price, Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette, and of course, Johnny Cash.





Then we headed to the stage and got a chance to stand in "The Circle", which is a six-foot circle of wood that sits center stage and was removed from the Ryman Auditorium stage in 1974.





I didn't have a lot of time to wander around the gift shop, but I did manage to pick up this nifty little guitar necklace and this cute little banjo magnet.


Then I rushed off to my car and headed straight for Pembroke, Virginia... I'll be back shortly to give you a preview of Kellerman's (Mountain Lake Lodge).

xoxo,
Stacy





No comments:

Post a Comment