Sunday, August 20, 2017

"Trying to Get to You..."

I'm finally here at The Guest House at Graceland... well, I've been here since around 6:00 p.m.  This hotel is breathtaking... and they play Elvis songs 24/7... I'm truly in heaven!! 




The rooms are unbelievably gorgeous too!!






And of course, I've already hit up the hotel gift shop and another within walking distance of the hotel... I am now the proud owner of an Elvis bookmark, an Elvis messenger bag, two (2) Elvis snowglobes, and an Elvis wallet, which is awesome because my other wallet broke on this trip, and I had it on my to-do list to purchase a new wallet when I returned home --- mission accomplished!!  There are a few other items there too, but those are gifts for the Elvis-loving people in my life...


There are a few Elvis channels that have trivia and fun facts about his life, as well as live performances... I'm watching said channels as I type this...


Before I leave you for this final evening of my trip and before I wind down for the night for my 9:30 a.m. Graceland tour, I wanted to share these lyrics with you from "Trying to Get to You" that I heard while I was watching the '68 Comeback Special because they seem so apropos for my trip...

"I've been traveling over mountains 
Even through the valleys too 
I've been traveling night and day 
I've been running all the way 
Baby, trying to get to you..."

I did travel through mountains and even some valleys too, and tomorrow, I'll finally get to you, my dearest Elvis!! <3

Good night, everyone!!  I'll be sure to post my Graceland pictures at some point tomorrow.

xoxo,
Stacy




No comments:

Post a Comment