Friday, August 18, 2017

Happy Birthday, Patrick Swayze!!!

Yes, today is Patrick Swayze's birthday, which makes this little trip even more special for me!!


There's a cabin on the grounds that is specifically dedicated to the film...



Inside, there are so many items to honor Patrick Swayze...




But the greatest manner in which his Dirty Dancing legacy is honored is through this stone monument that was placed near the Gazebo...



To wrap things up, I cannot offer you a picture of me in a lift scene.  Believe it or not, there isn't a whole lot of dancing that takes place here!!  However, as I gazed out the window of Room 232, the room that Patrick Swayze and I shared, I couldn't help but wonder if he was as mesmerized by the beauty of it all as I have been...  I'll include the view from "our" window... :)



And now, as I start to unwind for the evening, I am going to sit next to this window, and I am finally going to enjoy the Collector's Edition People that I have been holding on to for well over a month now; I promised myself that I would wait to read it until I was here where it all took place...


Tomorrow, I head to Gatlinburg, TN...

xoxo,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment