Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Always... Patsy Cline

So yes, I did make it to Nashville in time to see the Patsy Cline Museum.  I got a little teary-eyed while there, but I'm such a softie; therefore, I'm sure it comes as no surprise.  I took over 60 pictures at the museum, and I'll share a few with you now.


So apparently, Patsy was very well-known for personally corresponding with her fans... How cool is that?



In fact, a musical was  eventually created based upon this correspondence.


Patsy came from a very humble background and started waiting tables at a young age.




Of course, she went on to have an incredibly successful career, and the picture  below has always been my favorite of her.


I think this next one is the one that hit me the hardest... it's what is left of the watch that Patsy was wearing when the plane went down and was later found at the crash site.


And anyone who knows me well, knows that I did not leave there empty-handed.  I scored a shirt, a mug, a magnet, and some Patsy Cline lip balm... because what woman should have to go through life not being the proud owner of Patsy Cline lip balm???  :)


Time did not allow me to make it to the Johnny Cash Museum.  Downtown Nashville traffic was atrocious, and I needed to hurry off to my hotel on the other side of town... so that one will remain on my bucket list for now.

xoxo,
Stacy







No comments:

Post a Comment